Reorder UX Page Categories

I would like to have the capability to reorder the NUX Page Categories after creating them, now the only option is to create new category and at desired order and move the pages one by one

Tagged:
13 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi! 

While you cannot drag and drop the order of your page categories in NUX you are able to name them starting with 1, 2 and 3 and they will reorder themselves. This naming convention also applies with the combination of numbers and letters. For example, 1. Category will show up before 2. Category and the same applies to 1a. Category and 1b. Category. Attached is a screenshot example.

Hopefully this works!

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 3.28.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-27 at 3.28.19 PM.png

• Hi Chofacker, thanks! for your response, yes indeed I am actually heavily using the numbering for now, but essentially I am asking a way for categories to sit independently and I have the ability to reorder based on business needs. Number prefixes for categories and pages always don't make perfect headings!

• @chofacker The numbering works well when you build an app from scratch but it gets complicated when you want to slot a new page logically in-between two existing pages during an enhancements. People get used to using the "1.b" page so you can't just rename all the subsequent ones to 1.c etc.

It is also strange when people don't have access to all pages. Then they wonder why is there no "1.c" but "1.d"?

I have not found a good solution to this yet but the simple possibility to reorder like in classic would be a solution.

• thanks! for your response Philipp, you have highlighted all the practical issues with NUX app and not having a category reorder option. I just heard yesterday that my biz users getting used to the numbers instead of remembering the dashboard names so eventually the issues that you have mentioned will crop up!
  • Status changed to: On Roadmap

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!