Map attributes to time

I have a source file including 12 columns with the period of the current year. This file needs to be periodically updated into the Anaplan model. The file contains headers such as 1, 2, 3, etc. and I have to map these to the time dimension for the months based on the year the file is uploaded. Can anyone help me with this?

Answers

• Unfortunatel, I don't think the "ETL" tool of Anaplan will manage that mapping.

However Anaplan can. you can create a data load module which has a "Load Time" dimension, that would be a list with items from 1 to 12 and a time dimension as yearly timescale.

When you load, the months will map automatically to the 1 to 12 list items and the user can select which year they are loading (Ask each time the import is run).
    then all you have to do is map this Load time list to the real time (you can use Period formatted line item).
  • If you set the file options so the file has no header row (by setting it to zero) and map column headers to time, then the time tab will be different and instead of matching column headers or parsing period formats you have to manually map the (numbered) columns into the timescale. I think the same will happen if the is a header row but a column header is blank or there are duplicate column headers.