Can We Import /Export Files from Windows with SSO Credentials ?

Dear Experts ,

Could you please Assist me with my query , Actually i have received SSO for Anaplan System Access . Can I import/Export the Files from Windows?

or do i Need Basic or CA authentication as a prerequisites.

Also i am not having Model Builder / Workspace Administrator role. 

I would really appreciate for your great favor. 

Warm Regards

SD.

Answers

• @Shailendr You can definitely import / export files to / from Anaplan platform even though your ID is SSO enabled and you are not a Model Builder / Workspace Admin.

Your Model Builder / Workspace Admin should enable a dashboard for you which you can use to Import data into Anaplan / Export data from Anaplan.

Hope this helps.

AB

• Dear AB ,

But as per my Understanding while scripting , we need to pass Username and password as a mendatory parameter So what kind of setting or steps we need to do in case of SSO enable Id .

Could you please elaborate me bit more on this .

Warm Regard

SD

• @Shailendr If you are looking for automation via scripting or any integration tool, you need to create an exceptional user (Non-SSO system account for integration) which should have WSA (Workspace Admin access). Then you can either use Basic Authentication or CA Certificate in scripting or integration tool.

Hope this helps.

AB

• Hi Ashish ,

Thank you for your Support , Just last query I have is how SSO enabled is Different from Basic Authentication or you can understand my Query in this way 

what is Difference in all tree Mode like SSO/Basic/CA based Authentication User. Can you please help me to understand the Differnce in all these 3 mode enabled user.

thankyou in Advance and for consistent support. 

Warm Regards

Shailender dubey

• Hi Ashish ,

Thankyou for the valuable links !!

But seems my Query is still unanswered , Suppose My Client is having SSO enabled for me , So is it Possible for me to Work with SSO by having my CA Certificate? 

Or How CA Certificate works with SSO enabled User??

Warm Regards

Shailender Dubey

• @Shailendr Great Question. I guess... if you are looking for an automation ID... I would keep it separate.

1) Create a NON-SSO system account for Anaplan automation (Exception User)

2) Assign Workspace Admin to the ID in Anaplan.

3) Get CA Certification of the NON-SSO system account for Anaplan Automation

4) Use CA Certificate in automation certificates.

Hope this helps.

AB