Welcome to the NEW Anaplan Energy & Utilities Group!! Get started here...

Hello, and welcome to the very first Anaplan  Energy & Utilities Group!

This group has been created by Robin and I to bring together the ever growing population of Anaplanners working in the Utilities sector - that could be energy retailers, DNO's, generation, water companies and technology companies developing smart technologies on the road to Net Zero!

Use the Forum to ask questions of each other, start new discussion topics and explore creative ways to use Anaplan in new functional areas. We know that as the community builds this will be a place of extreme knowledge and experience, let's make the most of it.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment here to introduce yourself to the rest of the group:

• How long have you been engaged with Anaplan?
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment?
  • What goals do you have for your participation in this group?
  • Tell us something fun!

Robin and I want to facilitate the conversation but this group is ultimately about connecting you all together so please do give as much as you take 🙂

Hayley & Robin

Tagged:

Comments

• To kick things off....a bit about me!

• I first joined Anaplan in August 2018 after taking a career break to travel the world. Having had a number of roles at IBM and then moving over to Gartner to work with CIO's it was time for some well deserved 'me time'. On my return I was introduced to Anaplan via an ex-colleague and my detailed research into the brand left me thinking 'I wish I had this when I worked in the pricing team at IBM..All those nights modelling pricing scenarios for our contracts would have been a lot simpler'. I have been working with our fantastic UK Energy and Utilities customers for 18 months and I love being close to an industry which is so impactful on our environmental progress.
    • I am currently working with our marketing team to create Anaplan in Energy & Utilities based content to help to showcase the great work we are doing - please please please if you are willing to feature contact me ASAP!!
    • My goal is to bring Anaplan closer to the utilities sector and our users closer to one another!
    • Something fun hmmm... I drove a moped I purchased from Facebook from the north to the south of Vietnam without ever having even sat on one before. I never had a crash (thankfully) but did get a fine from the police for driving on a bridge only meant for articulated lorries...that was a scary wrong turn 😊

@Rcallend you're next...

• About me: 

I joined Anaplan in May 2019. I have been in the technology industry for over 25 years, having held several different roles and positions from a call center rep for a wall street brokerage company (most stressful job every) to a sales engineer at Salesforce and becoming a product director at Oracle. I also join a couple of technology startups in the past. I currently an Account Executive at Anaplan, and I live and work in Atlanta, Ga, US. I manage the relationship for several accounts, including Sothern Company, an American gas and electric utility holding company based in the southern United States. I am partnering with Hayley to build a utilities community group where we can share information, ideas, and plans to help us be successful in the industry and even in our careers. I truly enjoy helping people and organizations to grow and develop.

Even though I live in Atlanta, I was born in London, England, and moved to the US when I was twelve. I love Liverpool FC, and I try to watch every game possible (YNWA).

I am excited about this group and looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together.

• Hello Team,

I'm into my second month with the company, my focus is on power and utilities co.s in Australia. We are under represented in these industries compared with the U.S so I'm here to learn about the successful approach taken overseas and how we can apply that to our market. So I'm very much in a "building an audience" phase and would appreciate a team approach to this venture. 

Something fun? I dont have any power and utilities jokes just yet but watch this space! 

Looking forward to sharing our success down under with the team in due course.

Cheers,

Sinclair 

Categories