Excel Add-in: Filtering options

Hi,

The Pivot & Filter's Filter dropdown functionality does not operate how most people (generalizing) are used to dropdowns working in hierarchical list . Please see screenshots below. Here I have regions, manager names, apartment properties, and floorplans coming from anaplan in a hierarchy. When I uncheck an item at a higher level in the hierarchy, it only unchecks just the one item, rather than everything underneath that level of the hierarchy.

This can make the selection of items extremely cumbersome when there are hundreds of items in the list and I need specific levels of the hierarchy selected an deselected quickly. It is a literal 1 for 1 on the check boxes right now instead of selecting/deselecting by hierarchical level. If we could change how this operates I think it would be a needed improvement.

Before:

jkinnick_0-1601570939452.png

After:

jkinnick_1-1601570951408.png

7 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello,

To select/unselect items at a level and below you can click on the small button on the right (rounded with a checkmark or X inside) instead of the squared checkbox on the left and it will do it for you.

However, I totally agree that it is not the best experience to do it one by one for each item at a level and below - even with this feature - it becomes very complicated and inefficient to use the Add-In when we have large hierarchies. Having the "Select Levels" feature like in the browser version of Anaplan would make it so much easier to use the Add-In in these cases.

This is a nice feature that becomes useful in certain situations, however I believe that it should be complementary to the "Select Levels" option so we have maximum flexibility with our hierarchies.

That would represent a major improvement and definitely an argument in favor of using the Add-In.

Best regards,

Quentin

• "To select/unselect items at a level and below you can click on the small button on the right (rounded with a checkmark or X inside) instead of the squared checkbox on the left and it will do it for you."

--- Okay thanks that helps some I did not know that. Yes, agree with everything you posted. We need a Select Level option like in the browser version.
  • As explained in the comments, please use the checkbox on the right

• Thanks for your comment @jk1nn1ck and @Quentin . I can see you raised this second idea to select levels.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!