Welcome to the Anaplan Community
We are pleased to introduce you to the new and improved Anaplan Community experience! In Community, you are joining 50,000+ of your peers who visit each month to find resources, share ideas and solutions, and connect with other Anaplanners from around the world.
To help you get started in the new Community, we recommend that you complete this quick onboarding checklist so that you'll be ready to dive right in:
- Create your account and then complete your user profile. Your profile helps other members recognize your contributions, so be sure to add your photo and bio.
- Subscribe to all the content areas you’d like to follow. See below for instructions on how to subscribe and options for your personalized homepage feed and/or options for emails and notifications.
- RSVP to upcoming Community events and review recording of past ones, and join virtual or local groups based on your interests and/or your location.
- Ask (or answer) a question in the platform discussions.
- Suggest a product feature in Idea Exchange or show support for others with your votes.
- Learn more about the rewards and recognition you’ll be receiving for your Community contributions.
- Familiarize yourself with Community Resources such as our blog and knowledge base articles.
- Review the FAQs and What's New below. You'll see that we've made many improvements to the features and functions available in Community, including new ways to subscribe and get alerts to your favorite content areas. The FAQs below will help you get started.
Finally, be sure to let us know what you think of the new experience by sharing any share any questions or feedback on our Community discussion board. We'd love to hear from you!
In the new Community Experience, you'll see new features and functions including:
In addition to organizing content into categories, you can now add keyword tags to your content to provide context and to support discovery of your content by others. Tags now bring together all content site-wide regardless of where you click on them. When you click on a tag, you'll see a results page of all Community content with that particular tag.
Subscription and notification management
Subscription capabilities have been improved, with the ability to follow more granular content areas on homepage, or by email or notifications.
Article contribution process
We've made it easier for you to directly contribute your own articles to Community.
Subscriptions and Notifications
How do I subscribe to an entire section of Community for updates?
Whenever you see the bell icon, you can subscribe to that section.
How do I choose what type of notification to receive for my subscriptions?
When you subscribe to a category, you can manage the method of notification from the dropdown selection.
How do I add content to my homepage?
To personalize Community with updates from a particular section, choose “Your Feed” from the notification icon.
How do I update/manage my subscriptions and notifications?
When you are logged in, you can either revisit the bell icon in the section to which you are subscribe, or you can update your preferences on the top right of the screen by selecting the bell icon:
Posting and Contributions
How do I create a new post?
To post a new discussion board question or a new idea, find the blue button in the right-hand sidebar. If you are creating the post from the main page, you’ll be asked to choose the category into which your post will be published.
How do I add tags to my content?
You can add keyword tags to help other members find your content. You’ll be prompted to load popular tags or start typing your own to load related options. You can add multiple tags to each post.
How do I format text within a post?
To the left of your post, you will see an icon for formatting options:
When you hover on this icon, you’ll see formatting options for formatting fonts, adding bullets, etc.. You also can add emojis, attachments, media, and hyperlinks to your post.
Additional formatting options appear when you highlight your text:
How do I contribute articles to Community?
If you'd like to contribute blogs and technical articles, see our Content contribution guidelines.
There is a search icon at the top of each page, and inside the banner image on every main page.
You also can find related content through keyword tags, used to help describe what the post is about. At the bottom of each post you can find and click on these tags to find related content with the same tag.
How do I report spam?
At the bottom of each post and comment, there is an option to “flag” the content as spam.
Account and Login
I'm an employee who cannot log in through Okta. How do I recover my password?
Anaplan employees who see this screen should open a ESC support ticket.
How can I change my email or username?
If you need to change your email or your username, please request the change through the Anaplan Academy.
How do I share my feedback?
You can share any questions or feedback on our Community discussion board – and we encourage you to do so. We'd love to hear from you!
Have a question you don't see here? Post it on our Community discussion board and we'll be in touch!