Forecast is mapping to Actuals - please help!

New Contributor

Forecast is mapping to Actuals - please help!

Please help as my administrator is on vacation - I have selected March 18 as the switchback and All Versions are applicable;   the Fcst data is being mapped to Actuals.   Please help as I need to finish my training soon :(

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Boss

Re: Forecast is mapping to Actuals - please help!

Hello,

the line items in the screenshot are Subsidiary Views.  Are versions being applied to each of these line items? (go to blueprint view, and check the Versions column).  If not, adjust accordingly (assuming you want version to apply).

Paul

Message 2 of 5
New Contributor

That worked awesome, thanks!  I'm having issues with the Employee Costs module as I built Boolean formulas and it's tied to the Employees data;   I'm getting the Fcst number for Actuals.   My intuition tells me to delete all formulas to have a fresh start.   Is there any way to correctly map the Actuals and Fcst data into this module?

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Community Boss

Hi, 

Oftentimes Actuals are coming from another source (i.e. a General Ledger load).  In the case of headcount & salary calculations at the employee level, actuals often aren't loaded at all.  Instead, the employee level calculations get aggregated to a higher level (in a separate module) in the organization and are then compared to General Ledger info (for example, at the department level).  

With the above in mind, if the employe start/end dates are versioned, then the actuals version should produced zeroes (assuming the actuals version is empty in the staffing modules).

However, if the start/end data is not versioned, but the headcount/compensation calcs are versioned, then actuals will calculate the same way forecast (or any other version would).

When actuals always have to be zero, you could augment selected formulas to say IF ISACTUALVERSION() then 0 else (some formula)... but I don't think this is the best approach for headcount/compensation calcs.

Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Hi

If model is correctly defined with dimesions than it will take care of right placement for forecast and actual data by itself !

Bytheway : i hope you may have mentioned the versions dimensions --> value for switchover as March18 for forecast line

Message 5 of 5