intermediate model building practical exercise - Activity #17 - Rep Quota Module

SG
New Contributor

intermediate model building practical exercise - Activity #17 - Rep Quota Module

I'm having difficulty with keying in the proper formula into the region line item in the rep quota module. I know I need the parent from the regions L2 table but not sure how to get that because I have Geo L1 in the format and applies to is reps l4. Is there a specific way I need to format the formula to pull the Parent Item from the regions L2 table?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Contributor

Re: intermediate model building practical exercise - Activity #17 - Rep Quota Module

Since Reps L4 ultimately rolls up to Geo L1 and Reps L4 is the dimension applicable to this line item, you can use a nested Parent formula along with an ITEM formula.   

PARENT(PARENT(PARENT(ITEM('Reps L4'))))

The line item should be formatted as Geo L1 since that is the format we are trying to achieve.  As a note: time dimension is not necessary for this line item (because Geo does not change over time) so you can change that to "not applicable".

Hope this helps.

Jt

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
SG
New Contributor

Re: intermediate model building practical exercise - Activity #17 - Rep Quota Module

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3