13.3.4 Activity (Add formula to Profit and Loss Module) - understanding what these formulae mean

Hi

I am working on the above activity, but struggles to understand what these formulae mean in the following format (If, then, else) with the sum function in the formulae:

IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Medical Costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actual and Budget'.Medical Costs

Can you help me to understand what the formula of the above mean?  And how can I practice more on these formulae?

Comments

• Hi @KaF ,

Breaking up the formula in various parts as follows-

1. IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? -- Checks if the version is Forecast

2. THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Medical Costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] -- If the version is forecast, it moves forward to EMP02 source module & sums up the medical costs by country.
    Here, the sum function is used to sum the costs of all employees belonging to a country & bring the country employee costs

3. ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actual and Budget'.Medical Costs -- If it isn't the forecast version, refer the actual/budget module for medical costs.

Feel free to let me know in case you have any further queries!

Thanks,
    DA.

• Thanks DA! Very helpful, it makes sense now.