2.3.9.2 Update Historic Volumes for Baseline Forecast

ankitaga2000
Frequent Contributor

2.3.9.2 Update Historic Volumes for Baseline Forecast

Hi

I am having trouble with the formula creation ,Please help

I am using the below formula :

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET(Volumes,-52,0) ELSE IF ('SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'2nd Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET('Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year',-52,0) ELSE 0

I am getting an error as invalid formula.

please help.

Regards,

Ankita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

Re: 2.3.9.2 Update Historic Volumes for Baseline Forecast

@ankitaga2000 

You're super close. You just added a little to much. Rarely would Anaplan set  you up to create a nested IF statement. Anytime you encounter a situation where you feel you need to add multiple IF statements in the same formula, try to break it up into separate line items. However, in this case you can handle with one conditional. 

Here's the correct formula:

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET(Volumes, -52, 0) ELSE 0

Here's yours

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET(Volumes,-52,0) ELSE IF ('SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'2nd Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET('Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year',-52,0) ELSE 0

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JaredDolich

@ankitaga2000 

You're super close. You just added a little to much. Rarely would Anaplan set  you up to create a nested IF statement. Anytime you encounter a situation where you feel you need to add multiple IF statements in the same formula, try to break it up into separate line items. However, in this case you can handle with one conditional. 

Here's the correct formula:

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET(Volumes, -52, 0) ELSE 0

Here's yours

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

ankitaga2000
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Ankita