3.3.5.2 Inventory Ordering Module Formulas - Shipping Method

NickUrbanski
edited December 2022 in Academy Discussions

Hi everyone, I appreciate any help that can be provided, I was very stuck on the formula for Shipping Method.

I was trying the formula below and getting error "Format of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the source". I believe I am using the correct module line items, but am struggling to understand why they are not giving the correct result.

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center]

EDIT:

I found the linked that I copied below that explained  that I only need one LOOKUP to the SYS08 Distribution Center and that the final formula is 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center]

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/3-3-5-Shipping-Time/m-p/129029#M32812

I am still not entirely understanding why only one LOOKUP is needed when we want to look at both Distribution Center and Product SKU as criteria to determine the Shipping Method. I am assuming that it is because both the Distribution Center and P3 SKU list are in SYS08, but I am not understanding why you don't need to point the LOOKUPs to both the Distribution Center and the SKU?

Thanks again for any help, I really appreciate it!

Comments

• Misbah
    edited December 2022

@NickUrbanski 

Its all about dimensionalities of the modules

INV01 - P3 SKU

SYS07 - DC

SYS08 - P3 SKU

Both SYS07 and INV01 have one dimension each, So if you are fetching data to INV01 from SYS07 you just need to connect DC dimension to P3 SKU (which is available in SYS08). You don't need to map or connect P3 SKU of SYS08 with P3 SKU of INV01 as both are the same dimension, Anaplan sees that.

Hope that helps

Misbah

<Miz Logix>

• jayshri2pawar
    edited December 2022

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Supplied By]