7.2.2 formula error

When I try to enter the formula for Product Family I am getting this error. If I change the format for Product Family to "P2 Products" the formula will work, but I am aware that activity 6 states to label the format for product family as "P1 product family". I do not know what I am doing wrong. Screenshot (24).png

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @aab22 

Pls. check what parent  is assigned to P2 Products.

Go to >> P2 Products List >> Configure >> Parent (Check)

Parent of P2 products should be P1 Product Family, If it is then the written formula should work.

~ABhi

• @aab22 

As @abhi1017 has stated If you try and retrieve the parent of a list who has no parent set up the formula will ignore the PARENT and action the ITEM function. 

Therefore, it will return the list item relevant to the ITEM function. As the line item is formatted as the parent the result is incompatible with the line item format and therefore will trigger an error.

Update the parent hierarchy setting so that P1 is selected as the parent list of P2. 

Re-import the P2 list and allocated each P2 to a parent P1.

Once you have completed these steps re-run your formula and the parent list item will be retrieved.

• Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 1.58.43 PM.png

Hello @aab22 @ChrisAHeathcote 

I am getting the same error, I did verify that the parent is P1 Product Family. Not sure what else is wrong

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 1.56.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 1.53.32 PM.png

• @Sophia did the list have any list items in it when you added those formulas? Noticed something funny with Anaplan that sometimes when you start adding formulas in modules when the list is completely empty that the function doesn't work properly after you add data in. Can you try this out if it helps 

1. Add list items in to the list

2. Delete all LIST formulas in that module (e.g. ITEM or CODE)

3. Add the list formulas back in again