9.2.5 Activity: Add Formulas to Price Growth Rates Staging Module

I am trying to add the below formula to the line item (Unit Price %) in the REV05 Price Growth Rates Staging module and I keep getting the an error message 

'REV04 Price Growth Rates'.Unit Price%[LOOKUP: 'SYS04 Location Details'.Country, LOOKUP: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Product Family]

The error message I am receiving is below. May somebody please help advise what I am doing wrong? 

The formula for 'REV05 Price Growth Rates Staging'.Unit Price % is invalid:

'REV05 Price Growth Rates Staging'.Unit Price % = 'REV04 Price Growth Rates'.Unit Price %[LOOKUP: 'SYS04 Location Details'.Country, LOOKUP: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Product Family] 

Comments

• @FarisFarhan 

Make sure you are referring to the right line item in REV04. It's okay if you named it differently but you need to make sure it's spelled exactly the same.

Your Formula

'REV04 Price Growth Rates'.Unit Price%[LOOKUP: 'SYS04 Location Details'.Country, LOOKUP: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Product Family]

Correct Formula:

'REV04 Price Growth Rates'.Sales Price %[LOOKUP: 'SYS04 Location Details'.Country, LOOKUP: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Product Family]

• Hi Jared, 

First & foremost thank you for responding to my thread! Please see screenshots of module. Maybe this will help you, help me! 

     

REV05 Price Growth Rates Module.PNG

SYS04 Location Details Module.PNG

SYS06 Product Details Module.PNG

Formula I am getting error message on.PNG

REV04 price Growth Rates Module.PNG

• @FarisFarhan 

Everything looks right except for one thing. You named your line item REV04.'Unit Price %' But the formula you entered is REV04.'Unit Price%' 

Try removing the space in REV04 between the word Price and the % sign, like this Price%.

See if that helps! 

• Jared I have added the space and still seem to be getting an error message 😞 

I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong. I have been trying to work this error message for 2 weeks now!

FarisFarhan_0-1612985171780.png

• @FarisFarhan 

You'll get it. Instead of typing the formula click on the line item. You may have a hidden character.

• Double click on the formula line to put yourself into edit mode.
    • Go to REV04, click on the line item Unit Price %
    • Then type in the LOOKUP function
    • Go to SYS04 click on country
    • Type a comma
    • Go to SYS06 Click on Product Family
    • Add the right bracket 

Don't cut/paste the formula. Use the editor. Let's see if that improves things. If not, send me a private note to @JaredDolich let's set up a zoom call. I want you to get to the finish line on this.

• @JaredDolich 

I have attempted to add the formula by clicking on the line items as opposed to copying and pasting & I am getting the same error message.

However, I did notice something on my Model that was a little different then the model in 9.2.5 Activity: Add Formulas to Price Growth Rates Staging Module.

In my SYS06 Product Details module, the product family shows as "CH" and in the Lesson 9.25 module is shows as "Chocolate". Could this possibly be the reason for my error message? If so may you please advise how I can fix my module to match the Lesson 9.25. I attempted to do this on my own by going back to the earlier lessons but could not figure it out. 

Please see screenshots for your reference & thank you in advanced! 

FarisFarhan_0-1613490802568.png

FarisFarhan_1-1613490836799.png

• @FarisFarhan 

Hang in there. The error you're getting is a syntax error. If you tried to refer to a list item that doesn't exist you would get a different error.

Try following this short video. Let's make sure your syntax is right.

REV05.gif

• @FarisFarhan You are so welcome!

• I had the same problem, it helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing!
  • Hi, 

Can anyone tell me how to add 5% in the unit cost %

• @FarisFarhan that works! Thanks for sharing

• Thanks @JaredDolich @FarisFarhan. Helped me as well.