Confirmed PO Delivery (3.3.5.2 Inventory Ordering Module Formulas)

Options

I am trying to find the right way to set the Confirmed PO delivery in Level2 sprint 3.

I have set boolean for Submit Purchase Order request?, then I set PO submitted to 1 or 0 depending on boolean.

Then for Confirmed PO delivery I set formula: IF Submit Purchase Order Request? THEN 1 ELSE 0

For me as boolean is checked for Week1 then PO submitted is equal to 1 and shipping times week is 2 I was expecting Confirmed PO delivery to be 1 for Week3... I must have missed something but what?

Comments

• Hi @SPelot ,

You are definitely on the right track! I would recommend you check out this similar question posed in this Community post: Link 

@smithevan18 has an excellent explanation in the linked post. I'd suggest taking a look and perhaps trying out the POST function instead of OFFSET, and seeing if that helps get you the right result.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Thanks,

Timmy

• SPelot
    Options

Hi Timmy, 

I followed your advice and read the post attached but unfortunately, I didn't manage to set the formula working.

For the confirmed PO delivery I set the formula as :

IF PO Submitted = 1 THEN POST(PO Submitted, Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0

As the boolean is ticked on week1 then PO submitted = 1 then as shipping time for week1 is 2 I was expecting the value of confirmed PO delivery in week3 (Week1 + 2 weeks of shipping) to be =1 (=the value of PO submitted in week1).

There is something I must be missing even with the Post function...

• Hi @SPelot,

You're really close! The section of your formula containing the POST function looks great. I think the only thing left is to get rid of the conditional statement. Logically, since you are "posting" a number into the future, it shouldn't matter if the PO Submitted line is 0 for the period you are looking at. From your example of looking at Week 3, the PO Submitted for Week 3 is 0, but we still want the 1 to come forward from Week 1. Since you have the conditional set up, it's not allowing the 1 to come forward from a previous period. If you keep just the POST part of your formula, I think you will have it working correctly.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if that works!

Thanks,

Timmy