Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Course 305 Content

@Mike.McLaughlin ,

Thanks for reviewing the course.  It has been awhile since I reviewed the course (I think I recorded it 4.5 years ago before SYS modules were thought of) but if you are referring to a line item that is hardcoded to 1, then yes, absolutely.  The module that does the sum of the count needs to be in a different module because of the sum.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@rob_marshall 

Thanks for the response Rob.  I have it working in the same module as the Properties, but may need to take another look to see what the risks are.  Re: your statement on SYS modules, is there a better way to balance a hierarchy using those (SYS)?  Is there a resource you could point me to?  Thanks again!

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@Mike.McLaughlin ,

At the time of the video, there was no such thing as SYS modules, but in essence, that is exactly what the Build Hierarchy module is since it is not dimensionalized by Time and is only dimensionalized by the flat list.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

A spreadsheet could be put together to help build out the module(s) needed.  It would just help with generating the formulas.

Something like the attached, discussed here: 

https://www.wysent.com/post/balancing-an-anaplan-ragged-hierarchy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

Any uodate on this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hi Ramesh,

Right now, we do not have an app like this on the roadmap. There would be too many variables.

Thanks,

Chris