Displaying line items by month in columns side-by-side

Pivot View.jpg

Hi I am wondering how to get this view in Anaplan. I am able to line up the two line items "Initial Demand Forecast" and "Final Forecast" side-by-side but they are separated far apart by weeks (and months). Can this view be achieved solely by pivoting or other parameters need to be adjusted?

Kind regards,

Clarence

Comments

• @ClarenceAndre 

You're absolutely right! Just use pivot. If you want to remove the months, use a filter from your system module.

Pivot01.png

Pivot02.png

• Hi Jared,

Thanks for replying.

I am able to hide weeks to just show months but the question is to how to get the output shown below?

It sort of looks like Excel where you can get two panes side by side and scroll it so we get it to where we want but can we do this in Anaplan?

In the example shown its Feb 21 for both line items Initial Demand Forecast and Final Forecast side by side. 

Kind regards,

Clarence

2.4.7.jpg

• @ClarenceAndre 

You're almost there. Just use the pivot and filter like I showed above.

I created this by using the pivot. Filtered on February and selected only the initial forecast and final forecast.

You got this!

Pivot04.png

• Hi Jared,

So sorry, think I'm missing something.

My settings are exactly the same like you showed. I am able to filter months but not selective months (e.g. Feb) and weeks like you showed, side-by-side.

I am able to filter for months by pushing up the Time dimension into Pages but I don't think that's the right solution because by doing that we can filter for either weeks or months but not both simultaneously, correct me if wrong. So I an see the selected month for Initial Demand Forecast and Final Forecast but not weeks together with the month. 

So I'm not sure what you meant by "filtered on February" - if there somewhere else we go to just select the month e.g. Feb?

I think I'm close like you said, but am clearly missing something to just distil the view down to February which I believe is the solution needed by the Level 2 question.

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards,

Clarence

• @ClarenceAndre 

To automate the display of children AND parent levels is a little advanced. You can read @Mark_W_Shemaria article on how to set the Booleans for that. For Level 2 all you really need to do is select items to show. Hover over one of the weeks and click on the blue downward arrow and click on select items to show. Pick Feb and all the Feb weeks. Ta-da!

Hang in there! You're doing great. 

Pivot05.png

• Hi Jared,

I've been prompted by the Community system to reply. I didn't reply as you've valiantly tried to help but unfortunately I'm just not able to reproduce what you're showing on my end but decided to move on all the same as I can't just get stuck at this step.

I had a consulted another trainer from within Anaplan and he said the issue could have been the view they were showing in the training was for the Classic Dashboard rather than the New UX. I'm able to get the view shown on the New UX but not as per shown in the training and it could be because the training materials have not been updated since the launch of the New UX.

Thus I'm not sure how I can accept this as the solution when the solution should be to fix the training material so that it exactly matches what we should be seeing. At the very least, the training material should reference the Classic dashboard if that's the view presented.

Kind regards,

Clarence

• @ClarenceAndre 

No problem. If you ever decide to come back to it, let me know.