Error in formula for override forecast and final forecast

16598615789673306045782418320549.jpg

Comments

• Hello @Brj73 ,

It seems like you got a circular reference in the calculation of the line item. The meaning of that is that Anaplan cannot allow you to apply the desired syntax or else it will get in an infinite loop where there is not a defined solution given that the change of a line item keeps affecting the next.

My advice would be the following:

1. Go to the right hand side of the blueprint and check what line items are affected by both Override forecast and final forecast. 
    2. You will likely find out that when changing the formula something else is happening.

Alternatively, please share both formulas with us and we could assess further.

Hope that helped!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• 165986778465341089425118715967.jpg

16598678726906522400983662176301.jpg

I am applying this formula in both the line item where i get circular reference error

• Hello @Brj73 ,

Thanks for the images.

As you will see, the error is in the Override. You are basically telling Anaplan to get the values that correspond to Override whenever the boolean is true, but you want Anaplan to give those values for Override - which basically are non existant yet.

The idea of the override is to be used as a manual element (no formula required). Hence, the user can go there and populate it as required, leaving the if statement only in the final forecast. 

Hope that helped!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Earlier i used same formula that time there was no error but i deleted the dem03 module because of some error then again made dem03 module now it is showing circular refernce
  • Hello @Brj73 ,

The formula should be applied in Final forecast, but not in Override Forecast.

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• So why it is showing circular refrence error and how to rectify it
  • Have you removed the formula from Override Forecast?

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• How to remove if it is not there
  • If you go to the blueprint to the far right under "Referenced by" is that empty for Final Forecast?

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Yes it is empty
  • Hi @Brj73 

1. In your module, you have already calculated Initial Demand Forecast. The intent then is to get the end user the chance to override it.
    2. Your 'Override?' line item allows them to check a boolean when they want to add an override right? So this should not be formula driven
    3. 'Override Forecast' is where they will add the override number - so not formula driven, just a user input
    4. 'Final Demand Forecast' - If your override isn't checked, it should pick up Initial Demand Forecast else you pick Override forecast. So your formula should be something like - 'IF NOT Override? THEN Initial Demand Forecast ELSE Override Forecast'
  • Your are saying that formula is not required for override forecast but when i was viewing lesson 2 sprint 2 video there was formula for override forecast line item
  • Hello @Brj73 ,

The idea of the override is to allow the end user to interact with the data and manually override the time where the data may misalign with the expectation. As such, nor the boolean or the numerical override should be formula driven as defined above.

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• So what will be the Correct formula .please help me i am not getting
  • I applied the same formula for final forcast even then there is circular reference error
  • Hello @Brj73 ,

Is this your baseline forecast?

• IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE LAG(Default Forecast, 52, 0, STRICT)

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• 16598703397578990978294549788128.jpg

Applied the formula you said in final forecast now it is showing data like this is it correct

• IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE OFFSET(Default Forecast, 52, 0,)
    I USED THIS FORMULA
  • Hello @Brj73 ,

That seems accurate.

Happy to have helped!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• 16598735040499017318254330558078.jpg

16598735406826364486208948498916.jpgnow i cannot enter the value as mentioned in the image