INV01 Module Line Item Formula Details

I'm having trouble with these formulas. 

for the Not 1st week of Timescale? line item in the SYS01 Time Settings By Week, I was using the formula 

NOT Current Period? but I don't think this will work because that will just apply for FY20 and not FY21 and so on. 

I was thinking of using WEEKVALUE but I got an error. 

Comments

• I'm stuck. on this and the next sections Activity: Build TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week ModulePage 

INV01 Module Line Item Formula Details, could I get some help? 

• Hi mata.israel08@gmail.com ,

Why dont you try NOT Current Period?, I think it should work.

Thanks,

Yash 

• I tried that but it only worked for the first year FY20 and not FY21

• Hi mata.israel08@gmail.com ,

A more native approach could be:

Yash1_0-1580691803697.png

Let me know if this helps.

BR,

Yash

• Since the point of this line item is to determine when to read the initial inventory values (which are presumably synced to the particular beginning of the Model Calendar), "NOT Current Period?" (as well as the equivalent in this model, though differently defined "Future Weeks?") should work fine, so long as the current period never changes.  While this model is merely a training exercise, my sincere hope is that it can train us to build sustainable models that can allow the current period to evolve from its initial state into something viable from week to week, month to month, year to year, ideally with a maximum of automation when properly coded.  

I'm working through this course myself now, and I believe code more along the lines syntactically of how Current Period? is defined, but in reference to the initial period of of the Model calendar with inequality instead of equality of the logical test is a more robust solution.

• I'm also working through this course myself now, and I believe code more along the lines syntactically of how "Current Period?" is defined, but in reference to the initial period of of the Model calendar with inequality instead of equality of the logical test is a more robust solution than making reference to the current period.

Ideally Anaplan would provide a kind of time indexing function, analogous to the WEEK and DAY functions,  that can work relative to the Model Calendar or a user-specified time range, and thus allow for the creation of solution more easily generalized than mine, but if it exists, it's not easily found in the officially documentation.