L2 3.5.3 INV03 Stock Exceptions formula

Hello,

I have come across an issue with 'Stock Exceptions' and for some reason I get blank.

If I set the Summary method as Sum, then it works but the task clearly says it should be kept None.

I am attaching INV03, INV01 (source) and SKU08 if you can think if I did anything wrong there.

Comments

• @Niraj.B 

Yes you are right, When you keep the Summary as SUM it will auto Aggregate SKUs into Product Level but if the ask is to keep Summary as None then you will have to use another SUM function in the formula. Your formula should look like

'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Safety Stock Exception Count[SUM: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, SUM: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center] - If the summary is set to None

Hope that helps

Misbah

• Thank you @Misbah but still I get blank. I am really at loss here.

• @Niraj.B 

No Problem. Can you please check at All Products and All Regions Level, do you see any numbers on aggregated levels? 

• @Misbah On INV01 I can see numbers at All Products level. On INV03 I cannot see at All Products/All regions level

• @Niraj.B 

Very difficult to understand without screenshots. Please add screenshot if you could

First of all your Safety Stock Exception Count is wrong in INV01 but the Formula looks ok to me. Just rewrite it this way IF Ending Inventory < Safety Stock Target THEN 1 ELSE 0

Second if you are not able to see the numbers in INV03 then I would certainly check SYS08 module to confirm if I have the DC mapping available there.

• Here is my SYS08 module

inv03 sys08.JPG

Along with my INV01,INV03

Inv03.jpg

• @Niraj.B 

Looks good. Can you share the front end of INV03 Module for Stock Exception line at All Products Level

• Here it is

inv03 bothmodes.png

• @Niraj.B 

Ah I see!

Summary is set to None in INV03, It has to be SUM. You have to set Summary as None in INV01 and not in INV03 

• But we are asked to make it None in INV03 hence my whole confusion. Let me read the instructions again. 

• Change the context selectors to a specific SKU and a specific country.
  • I'm having the same issue - I'm beginning to believe it's just a typo in the training