Level 1 8.8.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Size Margin Report Module

It won't accept the formulas for Revenue and COS. Not sure what's wrong. Screenshot (6).png

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @Csta   , can you show dimensionality of source module ( rev 03 ) , is it dimensioned by (g2 country)?

• Hi, formula seems correct as G2 country is parent of G3 location , so it will aggregate , make sure there are no spaces in referring the line item 

• No spaces yeah
  • There's size in the formula and not in the module.
  • What am I doing wrong?
  • Make sure that your size list is flat list and set top level at ALL SIZE .

• It is set as All Sizes yes
  • Figured it out.
    It was the formula.
  • @Csta 

You are nearly there.

What is the line item format of the size item in sys06?

It should be the size list line item reference.

Screen shots will help here.

Check the dimensionality of all modules involved, and check all line item references carefully.

You formula looks ok.

Ravinder

• @Csta 

The error is saying that the line item in the formula does not exist. 

Therefore, rewrite the formula but select the line item in the mapping module directly and the line item reference will pull into the formula automatically. 

I suspect your current formula has a small spelling difference which is why Anaplan can not find it in the mapping module. 

• @Csta what did your formula end up being? I am so stuck

• @HenriRichardson123 This was long ago and I don't remember the formula exactly.
    What's not working for you?

• HenriRichardson123
    edited May 2023

@Csta first, thank you for the response. When I try to copy the formula "'REV03 Margin Calculation'.Revenue[SUM: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Size]" into the formula box, I get the error

"The formula for 'REP02(1) Size Margin Report'.Revenue is invalid:

Revenue = 'REV03 Margin Calculation'.Revenue[SUM: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Size]

The name 'SYS06 Product Details'.Size used in the SUM clause is not recognized as a line item in the model"

same goes for cost of sales. I went back and double checked everything when I made the SYS06 module, and I seemed to follow those instructions correctly, so I'm unsure about the issue.

• HenriRichardson123
    edited May 2023

SO I realized that one of my problems was that I named the module SY06 and not SYS, but now I am getting the error

"The formula for 'REP02 Size Margin Report'.Revenue is invalid:

Revenue = 'REV03 Margin Calculation'.Revenue[SUM: 'SY06 Product Details'.Size"

And ideas on what could be wrong?

• I see, a double quote after Size and ] is missing. Please try this

'REV03 Margin Calculation'.Revenue[SUM: 'SYS06 Product Details'.Size]