Level 1 Part 11: Question on Formula Failure

I am working on Part 11 Profit and Loss reports and I am on the part of the activity where I am supposed to add formulas into the REP03 Line Items, but every time I copy and paste the exact formula in it fails with this notification. I have double checked and all of my line items are spelled correctly and there on my DATA01 module. It is giving me this notification for every formula I have to put in for REO03 except for the ones that aren't referencing DATA01. I will attach a photo of my DATA01 module as well. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 2.50.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 2.16.56 PM.png

Comments

• Hello,

Try using the point and click method instead of typing it out as you might have extra spaces in the source line items or

module name.

Use the below formula lists. Don't try to type use copy option

IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Headcount
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'REV03 Margin Calculation'.Revenue ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Revenue
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'REV03 Margin Calculation'.Cost of Sales ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Cost of Sales
    Revenue - Cost of Sales
    Margin / Revenue
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Salary
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Bonus
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Car costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Car Costs
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Phone costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Phone Costs
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Medical costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Medical Costs
    Salary + Bonus + Car Costs + Phone Costs + Medical Costs
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'OTH01 Non Employee Expenses'.Shipping costs ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Shipping Costs
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'OTH01 Non Employee Expenses'.Rent ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Rent
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'OTH01 Non Employee Expenses'.Utilities ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Utillites
    IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'OTH01 Non Employee Expenses'.Shared costs ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.Shared Costs
    Shipping Costs + Rent + Utilities + Shared Costs
    Margin - Employee Expenses - Other Costs

Regards,

Parmod

• Your Module name is 'DATA01 P&L Actuals and Budget' but your formula mentions 'DATA01 P&L Actuals & Budget'.
    You are using ampersand instead of and. To avoid such issues, try referencing by clicking on the line item you want to reference (I guess the other solution on this thread is explaining that)

Cheers!

• @MDaiuto 

Follow Point & Click methodology whenever you write any formulae in Anaplan.