Level 2 - Conclusion - INV05 and DEM04 - Import with Subsidiary View

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Level 2 - Conclusion - INV05 and DEM04 - Import with Subsidiary View

Hi -

I have pivoted, left the lowest levels for SKU and Location however and filtered as per your suggestion. However, i am not getting the same view as you. With New Your and Jan 20 selected, i still see a full list of all of the SKUs, and I should be seeing SKUs for NY only, correct? What could I be doing wrong?

thank you 

Demand Import.PNG

Highlighted
Contributor

hi @sdavidko 

I would check your Demand formula. It looks like you have data in there that should be 0 for a lot of those SKUs. Hint, you might be missing a sum.

Highlighted
Contributor

@smithevan18  thank you for your prompt reply. My Demand formula is just pulling Demand Final Forecast from DEM03. For some reason however, I cannot get the Location page selector to work so that it only gives me SKUs for the given location.

Highlighted
Contributor

@smithevan18  I guess, I dont understand why are you pulling WEEK data (which is in DEM03) into MONTH (DEM04) of Jan 2020, why one week of final demand is populated and presented as Monthly demand?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @sdavidko 

When you pull from a weekly timescale into a monthly timescale, if you have your summary methods turned on, Anaplan will automatically aggregate up to the monthly amount. So your monthly module (Dem 04) should be using the monthly data that is in your weekly module (DEM 03). I think you're potentially missing the sum on the locations dimension because that is the added dimension in your source module. Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi 

@smithevan18  in my Demand formula, I am pulling from DEM03 final forecast and summing by Locations details from account details. However, i am still not getting the numbers you had on your screen shot. 

Highlighted
Contributor

hi @sdavidko 

Did you get the solution of the location disabling problem as i am facing the same issue?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @smithevan18 

Didn't understand the meaning of below sentence

I hide all levels in the SKU and Location lists except the lowest level. You can do this by pivoting your dimensions to the rows and manually reselecting only the lowest level of each dimension. Then I pivoted the locations back up to page selectors. 

Do we need to manually select EN(Lowest level) for all SKU & Location combination manually? Please Guide me on this.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @kunal_311 

What I meant by that was you have to hide all your summary levels by utilizing the "Select Levels to Show" functionality in Anaplan. You can only do that when your dimension is pivoted to your rows or columns. So you should pivot all your dimensions off of your page selectors and manually select just the lowest level of your hierarchy. Let me know if that helps clarify. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @smithevan18 

I have selected the lowest level for SKU & Location as my first step but I am not getting results as per your Screenshot. i.e All EN SKU & I am getting demand value as sum of all weeks as we need to select Months time scale and also the summary in DEM03 Final forecast line item is "SUM". Am I doing something wrong?

kunal_311_0-1597686754099.png