Level 2 - Sprint 1 User Story 1 Distribution Centre

Hi

I have imported Distribution Centre into Location Flat list and SYS07 Location Details.  Is this the intent?

It would seem that importing into both places would mean that any changes would have to be updated in both places.  

What is the purpose of importing twice in both places or are we to import into Location Flat list and use formula to reference the information into SYS07? 

Comments

• @lps 
    Can you please share the instructions on which you based these imports.
    Also the blueprints of the modules would be helpful

• @einas.ibrahim 

I hope I understood the requirements correctly 😂

Here are the details.

Locations.csv

lps_2-1588995870506.png

The activities says to import above locations.csv file to Locations list.

lps_0-1588995735766.png

Subsequent activity says to use same Locations.csv file to import to SYS07

lps_3-1588996059624.png

lps_1-1588995787115.png

lps_0-1588996440923.png

• Thanks @lps 

I will speak for myself only but I have a feeling other community members may share my request. It's hard to remember the details of the training, so it's always best to provide context and/or screenshots. 

Having said that, I think the training was asking you to first load data from the Location.csv file to the Location Flat List. the only data that will be used to populate the list is in Columns A, B, and C (code, name, and parent)

Then we need to load "attributes" for these locations such as if the location is a Distribution Center or the Default Shipping method,,,etc

To do so, you create a System module (SYS07 in this case) dimensioned by the Flat list (Location Flat)

Now you are NOT duplicating the data, you are actually taking the Locations in the SYS07 module from the Location Flat List. So if a change occurs in the Location Flat List (a new location is added for example), it'll be reflected in the SYS07 module because you are reading this data from the list through formulas. You will get the data for code and country line items by using the Code() and Parent() formulas respectively.

The rest of the line items such as the Distribution Center and Shipping Method are data you have not loaded anywhere else. If you feel you uploaded the same data in 2 different places, then go back and correct.

Let me know if you still have any questions.
    Happy learning

• @einas.ibrahim
    Thanks for you detail explanation.
    I have uploaded the same as your explanation except for Column D which I uploaded to Location Flat list as well in addition to SYS07 module.
    Reason why Column D was uploaded to Location Flat list (Subsets) was because it was defined in this model which was downloaded as part of the Activity.

I shall reload the Location Flat list without Column D. If I come across an Activity requiring upload of Column D to Location Flat list (Subsets), I'll raise a post here. At this moment, I find it interesting that 's Location Flat:Distribution Centers?' (refer to the screenshot above) was created without having to load Column D though I am sure I'll find out more as I proceed to the other Activities.
  • @lps 
    Column D is irrelevant to the current activity in question
    The Location Flat list only includes the data from

1. Column B (Location)
    2. Column A  (Code)
    3. Column C (Parent)

Where did you load Column D - Region in the List?

Region is the Parent of Country
    The heirarchy goes Location ==> Country ==> Region 

Also, Column D is not related to the Distribution Center?.
    Distribution Center? will be used to Create a subset in the Location Flat List to identify the Locations that serve as  a Distribution Center as well.

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding. Maybe if you explain to me why you are concerned with Colum D - Region now, I'll be able to clarify more.

• @einas.ibrahim 

Oops, I meant Column E - Distribution Center? My apologies.

So, basically, I have uploaded the same as your explanation except for Column E which I uploaded to Location Flat list as well in addition to SYS07 module. Hence, Distribution Center was uploaded twice.

Reason why Column E was uploaded to Location Flat list (Subsets) was because it was defined in this model which was downloaded as part of the Activity.