Level 2 - Sprint 1 (User Story 3) - Time Range related

Hi

The historic volume for FY19 was imported as below.

Star_0-1586825519385.png

and the following SYS13 Account SKU Filter system Module was created. 

Star_0-1586825947341.png

I then tested further with by changing the Time Scale to Week.

Star_1-1586826171552.png

and got the following results (changed the pivoting to reflect the below format)

Star_2-1586826255558.png

I am intrigue with the results above as we only loaded Historic Volume for FY19 under Time Range.  What is the reason for various weeks under FY20 'tick-marked'?

Comments

• Hi @Star 

You have Created "SYS13 Account SKU filter" module to filter out the Volume which is greater than 0 by using Timesum function, so it will filter all combination for all period which having values greater than 0.

Screenshot_280.png

It doesn't make sense as well if you have added the weekly Time scale.

• It is same as the original module only difference is you have boolean formatted line item instead of number
    • You can't apply filter if you have time scale because it will be limited to week or year only not dynamic in nature
    • Screenshot_281.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

• @Star 

TIMESUM should be used only when you have a timescale in the source and None in the TARGET Module. You define what all parameters do you need while using TIMESUM

For example

TIMESUM(X) - It will aggregate the values for all periods in the source and bring you one consolidated value into target

TIMESUM(-2,X,2) - It brings value for 5 periods (i.e, 2 in the past, one current and 2 in the future ) from source module and consolidate them into one value into target. Here Current period of the Model plays a vital role 

For more information please go through TIMESUM on Anapedia.

Hope that helps

Misbah

• Hi Misbah

I am in SYS13 Account SKU Filter module and trying to fix the timesum formula.  As I do not have much experience with fixing formulas I think I am doing it wrong.  I am not sure whether the parenthesis is in the right place.  I have provided the screen shot. Help is much appreciated.

Regards

ThiruScreenshot (166).png

• @ThiruT 

Syntax is wrong. Use below formula and make sure it is boolean formatted line item

Misbah_0-1603368081743.png

• Thank you again.  Because I don't have much excel expertise is there any website I can go to get some basic formula skills

Regards

Thiru

• Hi Misbah,
    I was wondering if the same results can be achieved by using all periods formula you discussed in other thread 1.01-04 Consider All Periods .
    If yes then for the line item Time.All periods? what should be the syntax.

Regards,

Aslam