Level 2 - Sprint 2 - DEM03 Module

Hi Team,

Great work with the training!

I am not sure if anyone has brought this to your attention:

In the directions for creating the calculation for the Baseline Forecast line item, It is asked that for the FY21 periods to use the FY20 "Initial Demand Forecast" (see screenshot below). The explanation in the parenthesis as well as the example below it, identifies this calculation as the "Default Forecast". 

Thanks,

-Tasos 

Screenshot_1.jpg

Comments

• Thank you @Tasos   I have fixed this in the course.  It  should reflect the Default Forecast. 

• Thank you, Chris!

• Hi All,

I've got the formula like so for DEM03 which addresses all the answers on Question 7 (including Week14 FY21) questions. However, it does not seem to work on the final question.

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE OFFSET(Baseline Forecast * (1 + Growth rate %), -52, 0)

The instructions specifically call for baseline in FY21 to pick up FY20 plus applicable growth rates. Any help will be much appreciated!

• I think is because you're using the baseline forecast plus growth rate in the OFFSET formula. I've used the final forecast instead, and it seems to work for F21, because the final forecast for 2020 is the baseline for 2021
    Hope it works for you
  • Thank you @LinaCorrea! I was stuck on that second year. Great thinking!