Level 2 Training Course

I'm working through the Level 2 training and think I found a typo:

In 

LEVEL 2 MODEL BUILDING: SPRINT 3 Activity: Create Combination Chart for Dashboard

Before you publish the SYS01 Time Settings by Month module, showing the Planning Period Filter line item, filter it to show months only and save the view as Filter for Product Replenishment Dashboard

SYS01 is the Time Settings by Week module.  

Can you clarify what module we should be using?

Thanks!

Joe

Comments

• Hi

Even I had the same problem while working on the course.

I used the SYS01 Time Settings by Week Module and my model works fine.

Hope this helps.

Praveen

• Thanks Praveen, I did as well and it worked okay.  Hopefully someone from Anaplan sees this and corrects it in the training.

• @jcheng  @Praveen_Alluri  

We are adding more detail now.  You will use two line items one from each module for this filter set up.  The desired result has the end user selecting any month or months that they would like from the monthly time settings module published on the dashboard.  The chart will then show all of the weeks that are in the selected month based off of a line item in the weekly time settings module.  You will need to write a formula in the weekly time scale module to pull this.    In the end, you will need to filter the chart by the weekly time module and then publish the monthly time settings module.   

The changes to the course will be up shortly. Thanks for bring this to our attention.

• THIS STILL ISN'T FIXED
  • @Y.Ricciuti 

What exactly is your issue now? I have gone through the training and didn't have an obstacle regarding the Base Forecast issue you mentioned. Also, the changes Chris mentioned are in fact currently incorporated in the training material. 

• Hello,

This still is not fixed for Level 2, Sprint 3:

LEVEL 2 MODEL BUILDING: SPRINT 3 Activity: Create Combination Chart for Dashboard

Before you publish the SYS01 Time Settings by Month module, showing the Planning Period Filter line item, filter it to show months only and save the view as Filter for Product Replenishment Dashboard.

Review the previous activity where the Line Items were already created, and note the below in BOLD

EG:  You will need to add a line item to SYS02 Time Settings By Week called Planning Period Filter. This is the line item that you will use to filter the chart. This line item should be driving by a new line item in the SYS00 Time Settings By Month called Planning Period Filter. Write a formula in the time settings by week module so that when a month is selected in the time settings by Month module, all of the weeks in that month are selected. 

• Thanks for confirming @adamsjk!
  • @adamsjk 

You might be looking at an older version of the instructions, or an older version of the Starter model. I assume if any changes are made to the starter model then you'll have to download a fresh copy. Just a thought.

This is the instruction to create the combination chart

image.png

And this is the previous activity instructions 

image.png

Are these not the instructions you see?

• Note the name of the Modules, and there is a difference between the name of the modules between the two activities:  Also, the line items and formula created were already completed in the previous activity.

Previous:  SYS01 Time Settings by Week

Next Activity note the name of the modules that is mentioned:    SYS02 Time Settings by Week

The modules names in the 2nd Activity do not align with the Previous activity, nor in my model, and this is very confusing.

I have no idea what you mean by "download" a fresh copy. 

• @adamsjk 

When you start the L2 training, you are asked to download a copy of the model Level 2 Supply Chain Start and rename it to Level 2 Supply Chain [your name{ 

If you happen to have downloaded your version before Chris made changes to the model then you won’t have the latest version of these changes.

I reviewed the names of the modules In the instruction with my copy of the model and they match.

• Yes, I downloaded a copy and renamed it.

I still do not think we are on the same page here.  How can there be 2 different activities, with 2 different names of the modules, and my model matches the 1st activity, as well as all previous activities?  Everything matched until this point in the training (Sprint 3).  Happy to setup a call if needed.

• You are right. I might not be seeing your point clearly. 

unfortunately if there is indeed something wrong with your model/instruction then I’m not the person to solve it for you.

Chris is your guy 

or even better send an email to academy@anaplan.com

Let us know when you figure it out. 

• @adamsjk @ChrisMullen @einas.ibrahim 

Hi there, 

I am having an issue where my chart and filter line item are not syncing. All the weeks are shown on my graph and whenever I select specific months, there is no change. I have refreshed multiple times but still do not have any results, any help would be great!