Number of cells count conclusion exam

Hello everyone.

I have successfully completed my module builder certification training. There was question during the exam that I was not able to resolve. This was related to the cell count for the export model to transfer the final demand from the supply chain model onto the FP&A model:

AngeloB_0-1660039324351.png

This is the formula I used to pull demand data:

'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Final Shipment Amount[SUM: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center]

My formula drives a cell count of 746K for a total model size of 776K cells, when I know the model should be around half of that size (365K)

Any ideas in how to resolve this issue? 

Thanks in advance for any comments / help. 

Angelo

Comments

• Hello Angelo,

Congratulations on the model builder certification!

I believe that the difference is based in the summary option. You will likely have it as "SUM", while the exam had it as "NONE". If you do this, you should be able to reduce the space given that you will no be using the same amount of summaries.

Hope that helped!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Thanks Bruno for the prompt reply, much appreciated. I have changed the summary method to 'none' and it has reduced it. I presume the learning here is that since an aggregated level is not needed for the aimed purpose of the module, then the summary methods can be set up as none. This will save space.

However, by applying the new summary method I am getting closer to the result but not to the exact number. Any ideas as to why? 

AngeloB_0-1660042238044.png

The correct cell count for the Dem04 module should be 365,476 cells

I am persisting on this as I dont want to miss an important concept / practice. 

Thanks again for the support

Angelo

• Hello @AngeloB ,

In order to reach that number you would have to create subsidiary views within the module too. Please find below the example:

BrunoRodriguez_0-1660042949452.png

I would not worry too much about subsidiary views at this stage, but I hope the above helped!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Thanks, fully clear now. The learning is that is not enough to set up the subsidiary views as 'Non applicable' in their time scale but also to narrow them down to their specific dimension. 

Thanks again for the useful content, hoping that others can benefit from it. 

With regards

Angelo

• Hello @AngeloB ,

No worries, happy to read it was helpful. All the best in your journey and keep it going for level 3!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez