Sprint 3 INV04

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Sprint 3 INV04

Hi @ifeldman 

Please re-read my last response on the issue of "crazy %".

Regarding this phrase in your post ==> "but when i do a SUM of the SYS08 Distribution Center module within the % Full line item, i get percentages that are over 100,000%."

IF I understood you correctly, then please keep the following in mind

• You should get the beginning Inventory from INV01 for all the SKUs in a particular distribution center
  • Then get the capacity of each distribution center
  • Finally divide these 2 numbers,. You don't need to do SUM again for the % Full Line Item
Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Dpsullivan1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @einas.ibrahim,

I think I am running into the same issue here with my Total Beginning Inventory making my Percentage full over 100% capacity. See screenshot below.

Dpsullivan1_0-1623189451835.png

I feel like the issue is my Total Beginning Inventory in INV04 Distribution Center Capacity is taking all 4 weeks of January for example and summing the beginning inventories which I don't want. Like you said in your earlier posts, inventory goes up and down, but the beginning inventory in each week shouldn't be summed together and I feel like my INV04 is doing this because it's time setting in monthly.. I passed the level 2 sprint 3 exam and I'm pretty sure it said my formula was correct.. so I'm not sure why I can't get the correct values to show. Any ideas what I'm missing here? Appreciate the help, I've been stuck on this for some time.. 

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hello @Dpsullivan1 ,

Thank you for your question. It's been a long time since I worked with the L2 model. You are correct the beginning inventory for the month, like January, should not be the sum of the 4 weeks in the month. The beginning inventory of a month should equal the beginning inventory of the first week of the month.

You should look at the Time Summary for beginning inventory, It shouldn't be SUM, If I recall correctly, it should be the "Opening Balance" Look into this and let me know if you still have questions.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Dpsullivan1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @einas.ibrahim,

Thank you so much for the help, it works now!