Sprint 3 INV04

Lkishko
Occasional Contributor

Sprint 3 INV04

Hi, Could someone please help me with the module below?

I am struggling with the Percentage Full result that I get and I think it is because I am doing something wrong in the Beginning Inventory line.

I am pulling BI from DAT01 which gives a straight line across all months. What am I doing wrong?

I also could use a suggestion for the conditional formatting of the % Full line.

Lkishko_1-1590167357438.png

Lkishko_2-1590167458383.png

Thanks for the help!

13 REPLIES 13
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi @ifeldman 

Please re-read my last response on the issue of "crazy %".

Regarding this phrase in your post ==> "but when i do a SUM of the SYS08 Distribution Center module within the % Full line item, i get percentages that are over 100,000%."

IF I understood you correctly, then please keep the following in mind

• You should get the beginning Inventory from INV01 for all the SKUs in a particular distribution center
  • Then get the capacity of each distribution center
  • Finally divide these 2 numbers,. You don't need to do SUM again for the % Full Line Item
Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
dsulliv8
Occasional Contributor

Hi @einas.ibrahim,

I think I am running into the same issue here with my Total Beginning Inventory making my Percentage full over 100% capacity. See screenshot below.

Dpsullivan1_0-1623189451835.png

I feel like the issue is my Total Beginning Inventory in INV04 Distribution Center Capacity is taking all 4 weeks of January for example and summing the beginning inventories which I don't want. Like you said in your earlier posts, inventory goes up and down, but the beginning inventory in each week shouldn't be summed together and I feel like my INV04 is doing this because it's time setting in monthly.. I passed the level 2 sprint 3 exam and I'm pretty sure it said my formula was correct.. so I'm not sure why I can't get the correct values to show. Any ideas what I'm missing here? Appreciate the help, I've been stuck on this for some time.. 

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hello @dsulliv8 ,

Thank you for your question. It's been a long time since I worked with the L2 model. You are correct the beginning inventory for the month, like January, should not be the sum of the 4 weeks in the month. The beginning inventory of a month should equal the beginning inventory of the first week of the month.

You should look at the Time Summary for beginning inventory, It shouldn't be SUM, If I recall correctly, it should be the "Opening Balance" Look into this and let me know if you still have questions.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
dsulliv8
Occasional Contributor

Hi @einas.ibrahim,

Thank you so much for the help, it works now!