sprint 3, Lesson 3.5.5 question

I have a question for Model Building Level2, sprint 3, Lesson 3.5.5 and the product SKU by Distribution Center panel on the Distribution Center Summary UX page (in My Pages).  I got it working, but I want to know if there is a better solution as my screen layouts are slightly different to the prototype.

I used a grid and because I wanted the locations to sync with the page filter I thought I would need a line item dimensioned by s G3 location: Distribution Center? & P3 SKU. Since there’s no output module like this I would either need a new module or a subsiduary view.  The line item could be derived from either the DAT01 Beginning Inventory line item or the SYS08 SKU Details->Supplied By .  It works and I have a grid that is filtered by a boolean line item “SKU Cataloged”. In my UX, I have the line item on the screen with tick boxes, but in the prototypes I see you just have the DC->SKU lists aligned. Did I do it correctly or is there a better/different way to do this in Anaplan?

Comments

• Same question. Thanks!
  • In DAT01 Beginning inventory module apply pivot and bring SKUs and DC in rows and Line items in Columns and apply a filter on SKU/DC combination.

• Thanks for your input - that's exactly what I did in the end - although wasn't sure under the DISCO guidelines whether a Data module should be pulled directly in the UX. Also, later in the exam there was a screenshot without any line items shown in the grid and I couldn't find a way to hide them. So I was wondering if there was another way this could be solved
  • please find the below article written by David Smith about Best Practices for Module Design 

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Best-Practices/Best-Practices-for-Module-Design/ta-p/35993  

In the Summary table, you will find characteristics of the different module types.

Can you please share the screenshot 

• Thanks - that's a really useful document - for Data modules,  it does say that "It is unlikely end-users will be viewing the data directly" but in the grid beneath it does say suggest occasional end-user read-only usage, so that clears that up.

Here's the screen shot from the Level-2 conclusion exam: Q3

• Got it Thanks!