AMA: Learn More About CPX 2019

HollyRieke
edited January 2023 in Spotlight Series

Check out what the panel had to say about this year's CPX! For more answers to your CPX questions, check out the CPX FAQs. Need more reasons to attend CPX? Take a look at the latest blog post on Anaplan.com.

Note: The live Q&A session is now closed.

*Programming note: Paul Ritner, mentioned in the recording, will not appear in this session.

Comments

• It's almost time! Remember to log in Monday morning to learn more about what's in store at CPX this year for customers, partners, and employees alike. Watch a brief video of our panelists to hear what they're excited about this year—then, post your questions through Thursday afternoon. Two lucky participants will win *FREE CPX passes! Just post your question to the forum for a chance to win. Check out complete terms and conditions on the main AMA introduction page. 

• The AMA is now open —Watch the video to learn more about CPX and what's in store this year. Then, post your questions here for a chance to win a *FREE pass to CPX! Remember to use the @mention functionality to send a question directly to one of our panelists.   

• Are there any updates on the dashboard designing we saw at last year's Anaplan hub
  • When will the Agenda and Sessions for CPX be made available?

• Any insight to the training sessions that will be offered on Monday?  Specifically, will there be any advanced topics that may be of interest to Master Anaplanners?

• @lokeshsinghal70 , the New User Experience is progressing well. We have a number of customers in beta. There will be many updates in this area at CPX including the opportunity to try it out.

• Hi @Tiffany.Rice - Great questions.

@ashley.gilbert or @Ameneh - Could you help Tiffany with her CPX training questions?

• Hey Tiffany,

Unfortunately, I don't have much insight into what specifically will be offered in terms of training on Monday - looks like there are some others who might be able to give more guidance. I can give some a point of view on the sessions, though:

From a technical perspective, I personally try to attend sessions on the following topics: model builder tips & tricks, model building best practices, anything related to newly released functionality (e.g., workflow), and system integrations. This year, I'm looking for topics that are more strategy & end-user focused: end-user experience, user adoption, CoE, end-user training programs, and any sessions related to how Anaplan runs their CoE (Anaplan on Anaplan - AoA). Hope that helps!

• Tiffany, you may view a bulleted list of courses on the pricing page of the conference site: https://www.anaplan.com/connected-planning-xperience/about/pricing/. For detailed course descriptions, log in to your registration account, select "yes" when prompted for interest in training. To answer your question: yes, advanced topics will be offered; for further details, feel free to contact academy@anaplan.com. 

• Krista, as we work diligently to post a detailed agenda to the conference site, feel free to peruse high-level listings and themes here: https://www.anaplan.com/connected-planning-xperience/agenda/. Something specific we can help you with in the meantime? Feel free to send a note directly: andrea.barrera@anaplan.com. 

• Hello,

I think networking will be something I'm really looking forward to at CPX. Is there anything I could do before the CPX to prepare myself for a better networking experience? Can you please share any suggestions on that?

Thank you!

Amy

• Hi Amy,

I would recommend reaching out to your CSBP and/or CSD and let them know what you might be looking for at CPX.  They can help develop an agenda, provide recommendations, and even get networking groups set-up for like minded customers in particular industries (e.g. beverage customers, airline customers, etc.).  They can help customize your experience depending on what you desire.

Thanks,

Brad

• The AMA is open through Thursday—Check out the questions and answers posted so far. Then, post your questions here for a chance to win a *FREE pass to CPX!

• Thank you, Brad!

I’m also wondering if there would be a job fair or networking event for recruiters and job hunters, which would be very beneficial for talent acquisition.

Thanks!
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Amy! While a career networking event is not in the plan for the June conference, we will certainly consider for future CPXs. Love your feedback; keep it comin'!

• @AmyX ,

I'd like to give you another suggestion regarding talent.  As @andrea.barrera noted, there isn't a job fair but I would encourage you to stop by the University & Business Connect booth.  If your company has Anaplan skilled early-talent hiring needs we may be able to connect you to universities we partner with via University Connect.  University Connect provides educational institutions with free access to the Anaplan platform, training, learning resources, student/faculty events, and support to help professors bring Anaplan into the classroom.  These universities can be great sources of strong early talents who can hit the ground running in terms of putting their Anaplan skills to work as part of a CoE or other roles using Anaplan.

The flip side of University Connect is Business Connect where we will connect companies to our members for recruiting - or, they can bring projects/challenges for students to tackle.  We can also work with you to bring your 'go to' partner universities into the program.

I will be onsite at CPX - please stop by the booth and chat, or we can schedule a time to meet if you'd like to learn more.

Best,

Heather

• Hi Heather,

That’s awesome! I will definitely stop by the booth. This is very helpful!

Thank you!
    Amy
  • This AMA is now closed, but you can still watch the video on CPX at any time. If you haven’t already, check out what the panel had to say about this year’s event.

Congratulations to the winners of FREE passes to CPX—Community members Tiffany.Rice and AmyX! Thanks for your great questions in the AMA. Additional details will be sent to your Community inbox.