Anaplan List Import Error - "Property-based hierarchy import has disallowed duplicate properties..."

Hi there,

I have spent a significant amount of time now attempting to get a simple import to work between 2 existing lists for the 299 case study. 

I keep receiving the error "Property-based hierarchy import has disallowed duplicate properties for given key in target data - cannot proceed". I have attached below an image of the simple load I am trying to do here, but I have tried to import the same data (product names) from other lists too, with different unique key combinations, and have received the same error.

It looks like the import is trying to create new rows, rather than identifying the existing rows that match the unique key (Code > Product Code) and supplementing those records with the additional info.

image.png

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Billy

Answers

• In your target list before running the import, is the "Product Code" property unique for each and every existing item? Your import definition requires this to be the case.

• Hi,

You have taken product code as unique key and used it in combination of property.

if product key is the unique key, then use "Code" directly instead of combination of property

"Property-based hierarchy import has disallowed duplicate properties for given key in target data - cannot proceed", this error means you have multiple records with same product code. System not trying to create new row, system getting more than one match.

Please check, Product code is not the unique key. I think you should consider customer as well.

The Hierarchy should be like this,

Sales Rep --> Customer --> Product

Regards,

Vignesh M