Best Predictive Analytics App?

Hello, Can anybody recommend the best apphub app that can be used as a basis for building predictive analytics within a model?  Looking for a strong starting point and don't want to re-create the wheel, just wondering if anybody has had a good experience with any particular apps that they would recommend us to start from, thanks! -Chris Weiss

Answers

• Hi Chris,

Do you have any more details regarding what you're looking for? We have multiple statistical forecasting apps in the App Hub, some are for specific use cases. Please let me know so I can better assist you.

Thanks!
    Paula 
  • Hi Paula,

Thanks for your help, appreciate your response.  Within the context of Sales Forecasting, we're looking to create several different statistical analyses to demonstrate a few different possibilities for seasonality curves based on historical data and a series of manually-entered assumptions about the market.  Ideally this would go beyond a typical linear regression model of previous year data.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Chris Weiss
  • Thank you for all of that context! I did a quick search under "seasonality curves" in the App Hub and found some apps that might be useful here. There are also other apps that hone in on certain use cases, such as manufacturing, retail stores, insurance, etc.  Please let me know if this helps or if you have further questions; I can pull in an App guru if need be. Thanks! Paula

• Thanks Paula!  We've been having success with the Statistical Product Forecasting app, just also wanted to see if the rest of the community has found anything useful hidden in any other apps as well.  But this definitely meets the need of what we're looking for right now, thanks!

-Chris Weiss