Calendar type: 4-4-5, 4-5-4 or 5-4-4's restrictions

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Calendar type "4-4-5, 4-5-5 or 5-4-4".

When this type is selected, I can't any import files which have monthly buckets.

Only weekly or daily buckets can be imported into Anaplan my model.

But I can input and change monthly buckets' value directly on the model.

Do you know Calendar type "4-4-5, 4-5-5 or 5-4-4" has restrictions to upload files?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ChrisWeiss
    Answer ✓
    Hi Mick,

That makes sense. The breakback is the reason for your issue, it would let you enter data at the Month level through the UI, but not load data to that level since it would be the incorrect dimension based on the line item settings.

I would say your options would be to either change the dimensionality of your line items to set them to the Monthly level (which may not be possible if your business process requires entering data both weekly or monthly), or to build a second set of module(s) that mimic the current modules but with all line items set at the Monthly level, to which you would load your monthly data. You would then need some formulas to aggregate and pull down the data to the Weekly level if necessary.

Happy to provide more details on that, hope that helps!

Answers

• Hi ****,

What is the time dimension setting for the line items into which you are importing your data?

• Hi Chris,

The line item is weekly setting.

I can input and change value of monthly buckets on the screen,

so I expected to import monthly buckets data into the line item...

Thank you.

• Hi ****,

Thanks for the details, happy to help troubleshoot this. One more quick question, do you have breakback enabled for those line items?
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your support.
    I use breakback enabled for those line items.

Thank you.
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

That makes sence. Very helpful!!