Highlighted
Previous Contributor

Can I export a saved view?

Can I export a saved view or will it export everything?

9 REPLIES 9
Previous Contributor

RE: Can I export a saved view?

Yes, you can export a saved view and it will export just that data in the saved view. Even if the view is not saved, only the data in the current view will be exported.
Contributor

Re: RE: Can I export a saved view?

Hi,

This topic is a bit unclear for me. I did the following test:

• Create a view and save it
  • Create an export just after based on that view
  • Delete the saved view

The result is that the export still works as opposed to breaking. My understanding then is that the export is not intrisincally linked to the saved view. That means if something structural in my view definition changes I do need to recreate the export process from scratch. Does that make sense?

Community Boss

@paolovm 

That is correct

The export definition is saved at the point of the export.

Should you amend the saved view, you will need to "re-save" the export 

However, if the saved view was using filters, changes to the filtered rows/columns will will be reflected in the export action without the need to re-create

Hope that helps

David

Occasional Contributor

Hi David

My export button does not export based on the filter of the dashboard. Fro ex, if i select the filter to be "Q1-2019" data, it will not export just this data. Can you help?

Thanks!

Amanda

Contributor

Hi Amanda

The filter of the dashboard and the filter of the export button are independent. You can change the one of the export button only by recreating the export action and linking the new action to the button/process while removing the old action associated to that process.
Occasional Contributor

Wow thats unfortunate. Thanks for the quick response!
Contributor

the way ive been working to sort that requirement s to create a boolean selector for the user to fill in the dashboard which reflects both on the dashboard filter and the export action filter. Hope that helps!
Occasional Contributor

Do you mind if you take a screenshot of this functionality so i can see what this looks like?
Contributor

Step 1. Instead of selecting quarter with the page selector you would use a module such as the below

Capture.JPG

Step 2. Create a line item in the module you're exporting which reflects the selections in the module above.

Step 3. Use that line item as a filter in both the export actions and the view which shows on the dashboard