Create Hierarchial list using import

Hi,

I am trying to create a list as shown in the attached image. Here i have'nt created the seperate list for 5804 (which is like parent list). To avoid sparsity & size constrain, i am trying to create parent & child list in the same list. I know how to create in the tool for less items. Can someone tell me how to use Import data to create such list with bulk data.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

Answers

• Hi,

When managing hierarchies using automation, I usually use the following guidelines:

• When deleting items from a list, I only use automation if I'm 1000% confident that deleting items will not result in deleted data.
      • If there is any risk of data loss, then deleting items should be a manual task performed periodically by a SME
    • Assuming I'm ok with deleting using an automated process, then:
      • If I'm refreshing a list from a data hub (or other source) and there's no risk of data lost (such as with an Alternate Hierarchy, or a hierarchy based on an attribute), then I'll delete the whole hierarchy and rebuild it from scratch (to the extent appropriate) using Delete & Import Actions.
      • If I need to be more surgical in my deleing, I'll work to dynamically identify the items I want to delete.  This might be via a data stamp, or looking at one or more attributes (such as a lack of activity), or it might be based on an end-user checkbox.

Cheers!

Paul