Does Anaplan allow different formula for each levels within the same list?

For example, my entity list has 4 levels as follows: Country->Zone->Region->Area->Branch and it is a production list.

In this case, how can I use the different formula for each levels?

I understand that we can have a different formula for each level by having a separate modules for each level or by having separate line items for each levels. And finally we can display it in dashboard as a separate boxes for each level. 

But my user wants to see all the levels in the same box/same member under a single drop down for their entity list. If so, how can we achieve this?  

Also I have the same query to have a different formula for months and years together in a single line item.  

Any suggestions please.. 

Best Answer

• This can be done rather easily using the DISCO methodology.

In your line item formula you will need to determine what level you are currently on, then based on that, you will give it a different formula. For example, I have divisions and departments:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 11.58.32 AM.png

I want a formula that gives me a "1" if it's a department and a "2" if it's a division.

Create two system modules, one for list and create a boolean line item set to TRUE.

Then in your output module, you will create a formula like this. If you have more than one level, you just keep checking the booleans.

Also, don't forget to change your summary level to "formula". Otherwise, it will just add up the lowest level.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 11.58.14 AM.png

Results:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 12.02.39 PM.png

Answers

• @VSekar 

Initial reaction to your query is that Anaplan lets you do that but doesn't recommend hard coding to list items. Also since it is a production list it will not let you do it directly (workaround is to have mapping module for hard coding).

However can you please explain a little bit more on your requirement.

Thanks,

Misbah

• Hi Misbah,
    Thank you for your reply. I believe the below solution given by Jared works fine.
  • Thank you for your reply, Jared. It helped me.