Error when updating hierarchies with list items

New Contributor

Error when updating hierarchies with list items

I'm trying to update a list hierarchy from a module, which I have updated with an import file, and everything seems to be working just fine, that is, my list items are updated. However, since I have the same list item occurring several times in my import file, and also in the module I import from, I get the error message "Another row has already been processed with this key" and then the yellow warning triangle. 

Does anyone know how to avoid this? I don't want my client to think that there is an error in the import when it actually worked just fine. 

Thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Boss

Re: Error when updating hierarchies with list items

Hi, 

You can create a boolean line item and use FIRSTOCCURRENCE function to identify only the distinct elements and codes to update the list. 

Create a saved view with the filter based on the boolean line item and use it as a source for updating the list. 

Hope it helps!

Message 2 of 5
New Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for your reply. However, I'm not sure if this would work for me, since I am trying to update 5 lists from one module, and as far as I understand, ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE can only be used when you have the list you want to update as dimension. Or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Community Boss

Hi
Yes, indeed firstoccurrence function works for 1 dim at the time.
This is why you will need to create a boolean and a saved view for every of 5 lists that you need to update.

Cheers
Alex
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Community Boss

@fredrickstraube ,

Check out this training video (305 Hub Model Hierarchy Management)

https://learning.anaplan.com/enrol/index.php?id=419

Thanks,

Rob

Message 5 of 5