Highlighted
Contributor

Excel Add-in Cannot access view

Good afternoon, I have recently downloaded the Anaplan Excel Add-in. I would like to create a view based on my 'development model' (we are using ALM), in order to be able to test the add in. When trying to add a saved view of a module (any module) , the add in shows me the following error: New Connection - Cannot access view. Add-in is working fine for the default view or the module itself. I've made the test using the deployed model, and Add-in seems to be working fine for saved views but on mode 'read only'. Is this error due to the ALM model status? If yes How can we create an excel add-in for a 'development model'? Is there any article available somewhere to guide us on this ? If no, to what Is this error due? Thanks in advance for your help, Sarah
6 REPLIES 6
Super Contributor

Re: Excel Add-in Cannot access view

Hi,

I did the same thing as you on a random model I use as a source for ALM and a random module and it does work although I get the warning message below.

This is what I get when I pull from the view:

Excel add in pull from saved view issue.png

An anaplan model used a source for ALM is considered a "normal" model so the issue should not be the ALM settings.

Do you have the same behavior with another view ?

Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Occasional Contributor

In excel add-in v 3.2, I am able to retrieve from a Saved View, if it has only one dimension in the rows. When I adda second dimension in the Saved View, I get "New Connection. Cannot access view."  Is this a known limitation? 

Occasional Contributor

Follow-up- In version 3.2, If data connection is made from excel to a saved view, then user cannot alter the pivot. If connection is made to the module, user can use the add-in's pivot to stack more than one dimension in the rows.

Certified Master Anaplanner

I can confirm connection to saved views cannot be pivoted or filtered, contrary to connection to modules. This is also valid in v3.3 released last week.

If you are facing other issues, please raise a Support ticket and we will investigate. If this answers your question, please accept this message as solution.

Thank you very much.

Product Manager - 3rd-party add-ons (Excel add-in, PowerPoint add-in, Google Sheets add-on)
Occasional Contributor

Where is the Accept as Solution checkbox?
Certified Master Anaplanner

"Accept as solution" can only be done by the author of the topic, in this case @sweemaels, so you would not see the button. FYI it looks like the below

clipboard_image_0.png

Product Manager - 3rd-party add-ons (Excel add-in, PowerPoint add-in, Google Sheets add-on)