Certified Master Anaplanner

Exporting data to other system but triggered inside Anaplan

Hi everyone,

I would like to explore the possibility to trigger (with a button in Anaplan) a data export from Anaplan to another system. For some of our processes our Anaplan users are currently hitting a 'magic button' outside Anaplan to transfer data from Anaplan to a different target system. It would be nice for them to have this button in Anaplan.

At the moment all data integration to/from Anaplan we are using the Anaplan connect. So in fact the 'magic button' is triggering the Anaplan connect script.

Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Regards Guido

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Exporting data to other system but triggered inside Anaplan

Hi Guido,
You cannot execute an Anaplan Connect script from within Anaplan on a dashboard. You can run an export action from the Dashboard and then have process to 'listen' for a new file on the server and load to target system.

Also see recommended solution for "Trigger .bat files from Dashboard" (https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Locked-Product-Requests-for/Trigger-bat-files-from-Dashboard/m-p/78...).

Hope this helps!
Linda
Regular Contributor

Hi @Guido.kaandorp,

There is no native solution that allows this, as @linda_erickson mentioned. However, I've developed a solution, in production now, that allows for actions to be run ad-hoc from within Anaplan. If you'd like more details about it, I'd be happy to arrange a meeting to review the solution. The best way to reach me is by email.

Best,
Jesse

Jesse Wilson
Solution Architect - Data Integrations
Singapore
Certified Master Anaplanner

Thanks Jesse, for hosting the meeting! We are looking forward to your scripts in order to see if this is a good solution for our challanges.