File Schema details using api

Hi

Using the Anaplan api how to get the schema details of the file by passing the file name. I am using api version 1.3

Thanks

Kandasamy

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please elaborate what you mean by schema details of the file?

• Hi

Under the model I am having list of report file in .csv and .xls files

my requirement is by using the filename I need to get the schema details 

For Example head_count.csv report file it contains Unique_ID ,Budget_ID, Employee_ID, Employee_Name as column name. I need to extract the column name and datatype of the file using the Anaplan api

Thanks

Kandasamy

• Under https://anaplan.docs.apiary.io/#reference/export, look for "Get the metadata for an export definition".

• Please refer the link posted by @ben_speight 

If you need specific help and are unable to execute the API call, please feel free to ask for additional help!

• Thanks, I refereed the api document and exported the metadata for the export id, but as a response output I can see

ENTITY not the exact data type.

Please let me know how to get the exact data type.

Thanks

Kandasamy

• Hi,

I gone through the ben_speight  posts but I can't find any help on getting the exact date type for the export id from metadata.

In the postman I can see ENTITY as the datatype  as response output . I need to how to get the actual data type .

Thanks

Kandasamy 

• The dataTypes field carries only basic information about the data in the columns to differentiate between Boolean, numeric, text, date, entity(list-formatted) and time entity. For a module view where line items are not in columns but have a mix of data types, dataTypes are likely to be MIXED for the data as they could vary by row. For columns assigned to list dimensions, the column name should identify the dimension.