Filter on the basis of selective access

Hi Team,

In a module there is a list formatted line item(List is having selective access). 

Suppose the list has the members L1,L2,L3,L4,L5....

And in the module at list formatted line item records having above list members.

I want to filter the data on the basis of selective access.

A user having access on L1, L2,L3 can only see the records in the module of list formatted lineitem data L1,L2,L3.

Similarly other users can see only records on the basis of their selective access .

Could you please suggest how can the data filter out for the user on the basis of their selective access.

Please let me know if more input needed regarding the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad Husain

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Mohammad Husain,

You can filter out the list items in the drop down by enabling Selective access within the format. Please have a look at the below screen shots.

Before enable, I was able to see all the items

Filter on the basis of selective access.PNG

Filter on the basis of selective access 1.PNGFilter on the basis of selective access 2.PNG

After enable, I am able to see only 2 items which I have access to.

Filter on the basis of selective access 3.PNG

Hope this is what you are expecting!! Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Kavin.

• Hi Kavi Thanks for your response.

In my module i want to filter records as per selective access. Like in your case as you have selective access on C3 and C2. So in module you should see only those records which have the C2 and C3 items in list formatted line item. You should not see other records which is having items other than C2 and C3. Hope you got my point.

• Hi Mohammad Husain,

I'm still entirely sure what you meant with "So in module you should see only those records which have the C2 and C3 items in list formatted line item", but i'll give it a try anyway.

See if the following works.

Assume Cost Center is the list with selective access enabled, this is your C1, C2, C3, etc. 

Create 2 modules, i.e. 

1. "Cost Center Filter" with list of 'Users', 'Cost Center'. This is the module you allow different users to select specific Cost Centers.

2. "Cost Center Expense" with list of 'Cost Center'. This is the module with the relevant transaction data, of which you want to limit Cost Centers as selected in "Cost Center Filter"

In "Cost Center Expense", create a filter as shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.36.59 AM.png

Depending on what's selected in "Cost Center Filter", the Cost Centers available for viewing/ selection are limited as shown below. You do need to refresh the dashboard/ module to see the filtering take effect.

For more tips and tricks on smart filter, please refer to https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Knowledge/Increase-End-User-Adoption-with-Smart-Filters/tac-p/43282#M232

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.36.48 AM.png

Thanks,

LipChean