Formula

Hi-Experts,

I Have a requirement for that I need your help.

Module name: Summery module

Dimension in the module - Time, Category, Product, customer

I wanna move to all products(except fruits) sales data to one customer(AR Channel).

Fruits data move to another channel(FR Channel).

IF ITEM(Customer) = Customer.AR Channel then Sales upload.Total ELSE IF ITEM(Customer) = Customer.FR Channel THEN Sales upload.Total[LOOKUP: PRODUCT. Fruits] ELSE 0

But this formula was not working. How to move to some sales data to one channel and another portion of data to another channel.

Please help me with this

Regards,

Mahesh

Best Answer

• rob_marshall
    Answer ✓

@sandeep_bk @UMAMAHESH @Niranth ,

Ideally, you don't want to hardcode any formula using the "if Item(list) = List.Member" as this is bad practice (Planual rule 2.02-12).  Instead, think about creating a "calculation" module that gets the data, then use a Line Item Subset (dimenionalizes the line items), create a mapping module of the line items in the line item subset to the the list members (Channels), and then do a sum of the data.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Answers

• Hi Mahesh,

Try using this formula,

IF ITEM(Customer) = Customer.AR Channel then Sales upload.Total - Sales upload.Total[select:PRODUCT. Fruits]  ELSE IF ITEM(Customer) = Customer.FR Channel THEN Sales upload.Total[Select: PRODUCT. Fruits] ELSE 0

• Hi Mahesh,

Try this way, this might help. 

Create one filter line item in the same module/Filtered module with a boolean format which checks the category (In your case Fruits)

Once you have this, try your logic based on this boolean check. 

For example : 

Anaplan Community-2.PNG

Source module :

Anaplan Community-3.PNG

Let me know if you need any help on this.

Thanks,

Sandeep