Google Chrome Extension to make long formulas easier to read

Occasional Contributor

Re: Google Chrome Extension to make long formulas easier to read

@bdeaton, Ah that's great to hear! Please feel free to spread word to any colleagues who may be able to make use of the extension ':)'

Message 11 of 16
Occasional Contributor

@bdeaton, Ah that's great to hear! Please feel free to spread word to any colleagues who may be able to make use of the extension ":)"

Message 12 of 16
Certified Master Anaplanner

Great idea! A minor piece of feedback - I have modules names and list items that are being broken up because they contain "if". For example, I have the word "specific" in one of my module names. Maybe a condition in the code to only indent when a space exists before and/or after the keyword?

Message 13 of 16
Occasional Contributor

Hi @BenHilgendorf ,

Thanks for the feedback and nice catch! I will infidelity take this feedback and add it to my testing routines for future releases. 

This was a quick fix and V1.1 of the extension was just published. It searches for "IF ", " THEN ",or " ELSE ". The IF cannot have a space before as some formulas start "IF...." , but the space after should have the same effect as your solution. 

Thanks,

Ryan 

Message 14 of 16
Certified Master Anaplanner

Really cool, thanks!

Message 15 of 16
Community Boss

Hi @rmonique 

This is amazing! I can't believe I've only just come across this!

Really helpful! 

But it is also true if the formula is too long then it should be broken down as @DavidSmith says! But the compromise that needs to be made is the sparsity! 

However as model builders we need the tools for efficiency! 

Thanks,

Usman

Message 16 of 16