How can I copy data from one module to another

Hi,

I need help with something  am trying to achieve in Anaplan.

Module 1

Organization List (Organization Hierarchy is L1-Global->L2-Country->L3->Regions)

Line Item: Volume

Module 2

Organization List (Organization Hierarchy is L1-Global->L2-Country->L3->Regions)

Line Item: Volume1

Line item: Select Level of Analysis (Country or Region)

Line item: Pick Country

Line item: Pick Region

Line item: Gobal

Formula for Volume1

IF Select Level of Analysis = Country THEN Module1.Volume{LOOKUP:Pick Country] ELSE IF Select Level of Analysis = Region THEN Volume{LOOKUP:Pick Region]  ELSE Module1.Volume{LOOKUP:Global]

This formula doesnt work for e.g. if the user chooses country level analysis. It puts the Volume value from Module 1 matching the Country in all the cells which is fine but at the country level in Module 2 I get the sum of Country volume times number of regions in the country becuase the summary for Volume1 in Module 2 is Sum. If I chose the summary as None then I dont get any value for the country  level volume1 in module 2. Is there an alternate way to do this?

Module 2 is an intermediate module used for further calculations. I need to be able to pick the value of volume1 from Module 2 for regions, country and global.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi,

First, I noticed some '{' in the formula... that's probably just a typo for your community post...

If one goal is to be able to, say, populate a Region level item with the Volume from the related Country Parent... then I would let folks pick "Country" or "Region", and then populate the volume using LOOKUP: Parent_Item, where Parent_Item is a line item displaying the PARENT(ITEM(L3 Regions)).

For the aggregations, you can reference a boolean that defaults to True (and has Summary set to None... then, as part of the formula, you can say something (for Volume1) like "If Boolean=FALSE then fetch data from Module 1[no lookup/no select], else... we fetch data based on lowest level item user option]"  (set the volume1 summary to Formula after you set the formula)

Paul

• Hi Paul,

I tried using the conditional flag but I get this error:

Invalid combination for line item Volume1 of summary method 'Formula' with formula using LOOKUP and/or SUM (or other summary function)

• Humbug!  yes, I've ran into that before!

What you might do is fetch the value in another line item, and then reference it when needed.