How to inherit parent value?

Hi,

I am a beginner in Anaplan.

I created five lists which have 'currency' in its property tab for organization hierarchy. (LV1 though LV5 and LV5 is the most detailed list)

I noticed that LV3 'currency' value of property tab is not inherited to LV4 and LV5.

*LV3 is parent of LV4

I tried to put formula for the LV4 'currency' property to refer LV3 'currency' but not able to do so.

Is there any way to inherit parent value of property?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Sheethal
    Answer ✓

You can use the following steps:

1. I assume you have "Currency" property in LV3 which is formatted as Currency List.
    2. Create new property in LV4 and name it as "Parent". Format it as LV3 List. Give formula as PARENT(ITEM('LV4')).
    3. Create another new property in LV4. Name it as "Currency" and format it with your Currency List. Give formula as 'LV3'.Currency[LOOKUP:Parent]

You can use the same methodology for all the Child Hierarchy. Hope this helps.

Answers

• @Sheethal wrote:

You can use the following steps:

1. I assume you have "Currency" property in LV3 which is formatted as Currency List.
    2. Create new property in LV4 and name it as "Parent". Format it as LV3 List. Give formula as PARENT(ITEM('LV4')).
    3. Create another new property in LV4. Name it as "Currency" and format it with your Currency List. Give formula as 'LV3'.Currency[LOOKUP:Parent]

You can use the same methodology for all the Child Hierarchy. Hope this helps.

Hi Sheethal,

thank you so much for your reply!

I could inherit parent value to the child column.

One more question:

When I created the hierarchy which inherit parent values in the child column, child column's parent value was blank. eg: I input "US dollar" to the division 3's 'currency' at the LV3 layer. At LV4 layer, division 3 currency was blank and unable to modify as it is LV4's parent division. Is there any way to show the value of LV3 to the layer LV4?