• Module size is increased.

Option 1.png

Option 2: Adjust Current Fiscal Year settings

Option 2 resuls:

• Original brought-forward value (Dec 16) is lost;
  • Original FY17 data is lost;
  • New FY is added;
  • Module size is same;
  • Dec17 value in line item with brought forward flag is equal to Dec17 value before time adjustment.

Option 2.png

If you have other ideas on how to move anaplan model to the next FY, please share in comments.

BR,

Igor

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jdolich
    Answer ✓

Attaching a word document that shows how you might accomplish this, step by step.

I'm sure there's also a way you can make this work for version but I generally only use version for Actual/FCST and for saving off Original Plans and Last Projections (not for LY, LLY).  It's too expensive on space.

Answers

• Igor,

Could you export your plan data out of your model to Excel (or some other database), shift your years, then reimport your plan data back in to an historical module in you rmodel as LY or LLY?  I'm sure you can automate this process too, possibly with actions.  No loss of data that way and you would only import the line items you wanted to keep, reducing the space requirements and not requiring you to add a bunch of years in your model you don't really need.

• Thanks, both of your suggestions are good for moving to the next FY:

• Separate line items for LY and LLY, especially useful for year-to-year variance analysis;
    • Action to move FY data to LY line item through 'temporary' module.

Unfortunately, this approach will not work, for example, for data to be forecasted by statistical tools. In such case it would be better to have all past period in one line item. That's why I actually wanted to show what goes on with model data after time adjustment is applied)