Import - Values inconsistent

Hi,

PLease see details on the attachment.

Regards,

Best Answers

• anirudh
    Answer ✓

Hi!

This is a feature of Anaplan where importing twice into the same line item, will add up the values being imported.

Ex: On running the import action once, the values 5 and 11 get updated. On running it again the values in your file go to the same line items again and result in it being added up hence becoming 10 and 22As the file you're uploading has not changed, this looks like the values are doubling.

To avoid this, create another action which first imports a zero into the COUNT line item (using a model to model import) and then run your existing action. The numbers will not double. Then create a process which first has the action that zeroes the line item and then the action that actually updates the COUNT line item.

Hope this helps!

• Niranth
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Create a similar saved view used to update count in the data hub with additional line item formatted as "No Data" First run an import from this line item to make the values Zero, and then run the final process.

• Niranth
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I feel there issue is an with the source data. When loading data into a Anaplan, it adds up data values of duplicate entries.

Ex : in the source if you have 

City 1 = 20

City 1 = 30, 

When loaded it adds up shows as 50.

So kindly check the import source for duplicate entries, and also make sure that all the dimension in the source has been mapped and no dimension is left un-mapped.

I feel the dimension causing the issue is "uploader Employees list". because when you select a particular employee to import, it is importing all the employee's data into the particular employee selected. To test this try mapping it to the column instead of 'ask each time when the import is run' OR create a saved view with only one employee data, also make sure to hide all summary level data for this view.

Answers

• Hi,

Appreciate the response. I tried to delete the current content of the target module then reimport it and it is still 10 and 22. By the way I am not currently using any action button for this. Do I need to import a blank source with the same dimensions as the target module before I import the one with the values in it? 

Appreciate the clarification on this

• Hi Nirath,

PLease see details on the attachment

Regards,