Import file with several sheets

Hi,

I have a module where I have a number of line items and two lists as dimension. One as rows and one as page selector. I want to build a function to export all data from that module, edit it in excel and then import the same file again, and hence get the values updated in Anaplan.

Now to the issue: When the file is exported, all the different pages are being exported into different sheets in Excel and I can't figure out how to map the import correct to get the values to update properly since the only place the list item form the dimension is mentioned in the excel file is in cell A1.

Does anyone know how to tackle this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Answers

• HI @fredrickstraube,

Can you please do pivot the dimension from Page to Columns cos Anaplan will do the export into different sheets based on number of items in that list (All pages are checked in export action). Is there any particular reason to use it in the page selector? If not please bring the dimension to the column and do the export.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Kavin.

• @fredrickstraube ,

May I ask a clarifying question...Why?  Why are you wanting, I presume, users to export data from Anaplan, update the data in Excel, and then reimport it?  Why not have them just update the data within Anaplan which will save on concurrency or blocking actions?

Thanks,

Rob

• @fredrickstraube 

Please Export it in Tabular Single column Layout instead of Grid Layout. Attached screenshot for your reference.

clipboard_image_0.png

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Misbah

• @kavinkumar 

There is a catch here. If you shuffle your dimensions from Page selectors to Columns - It will throw an error if your list is too big - Anaplan has put a limit on the number of columns that it extracts.

Workaround can be - you try it in Tabular format - Single or Multiple. Here in this case it can be Single.

Thanks,

Misbah

• You could use filtering to remove unnecessary list items to avoid this error. However, @rob_marshall raises an an excellent point. Why would you want to export, change the data, then import? It would make more sense to configure the module and/or model to be friendly to user input.