LOOKUP function Blank result

Hello everyone, 

I am currently working on a model where i am using some data i imported in formulas to create some relevant data for a YTD model. I am trying to implement the following excel formula :  IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A2;'TCD CRISTALLINE'!H:I;2;0);""). So in the first part of the implementation i started off by trying to use uniquely the LOOKUP formula, and so :

• I created a list and imported all the data that i'll be needing into it (Composant list screenshot.png)
  • I created the module and formatted the data types with the dimensions ill be using (ACHATS YTD ACCESS&PRECIOUS module screenshot.png)

The column where i need to insert the formula above is the "ref pierre de centre" column, and so i used the following formula : COMPOSANT.Composant[LOOKUP: Modèle], which should simply look for the composant from the list above corresponding to each "modèle" item i have. However, i am not getting any values, and the whole column is blank. I also tried to create a module , take the list i needed as a dimension in a new module (Composant module screenshot.png) and import to it the "composants" data, and then use the formula Composant module.Composant[LOOKUP: Modèle] (module test 2 screenshot.png), but i get always the same result.

I hope i detailed well the case, if not, i'll glady give more information.

Thank you in advance !

Yassine

Best Answer

• VIGNESH.M
    Answer ✓

Hi Yassine,

Try this,

001.png

Also check whether the item "080224" present in your list or not.

~Vignesh M

Answers

• Hi,

You are getting blank, because the lookup line item you used doesn't have any data.

001.png

Populate the Modele line item, then you will get the data.

Thanks,

Vignesh M

• I did populate the module with data, and yet its the same problem, even in the other module.

clipboard_image_0.png

• Hi Yassine,

Search "080224" in your composant list, I think Composant Property is blank for this record. Please check.

~Vignesh M

• HI @Yassine_Abdouh,

Can you please confirm that the line item 'Modele' is Composant List formatted. It has to be else the formula wouldn't work properly. You need a connection/relation between your module (Source) and the list (Target). 

Regards,

Kavin.

• @VIGNESH.M 

Not all cells contain the data, indeed the "080224" doesn't have a corresponding value of "ref pierre de centre", but for example the "J1MK00" does in my excel model. however, its blank in my Anaplan model.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

• @kavinkumar 

the "Modele" is text formatted since i am getting the data in it using the formula : IF LEFT(Article, 1) = "W" THEN Article ELSE LEFT(Article, 6) in wich i am extracting the first 6 characters from my "Article" column, filled with data i imported.

clipboard_image_0.png

• Can you please convert the 'modele' line item to List formatted one(Composant). Create another line item with 'Composant list' formatted and write the formula 'FINDITEM('COMPOSANT', Modele)' then do a lookup based on this newly created one.

I hope this solves your concern.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kavin.

• I get the following error when trying to convert the Module line item to a Composant list format : 

clipboard_image_0.png

and its because i am using this formula to fill data in the modele line item : IF LEFT(Article, 1) = "W" THEN Article ELSE LEFT(Article, 6). What should i do in this case ?

• Try this, FINDITEM('Composant',IF LEFT(Article, 1) = "W" THEN Article ELSE LEFT(Article, 6)).

Kavin.

• I get blank results? the "module 1" is like you instructed COMPOSANT list formatted

clipboard_image_1.png

Thanks again for the help

• Hi Yassine,

Try this,

001.png

Also check, whether "080224" is present in your list or not.

~Vignesh M